Ready to rock your favorite cosplay at Fandemic Tour Houston this weekend? You won’t be alone as cosplayers around the Houston area will flock to the NRG Center where the con will be held on Friday, September 14 through Sunday, September 16.
The Fandemic Cosplay Contest will be held on Saturday, September 15 on the Main Stage at 7 p.m. following the Hamilton Sing-A-Long. Be sure to visit Will Call to enter the contest and bring your A-game as winners will be awarded prizes! The contest features hosts Jason David Frank and Clare Kramer.
- No real, replica, or toy guns are allowed at all, including Airsoft and similar guns. This includes those with a concealed carry permit. Any weapon or replica weapon must be made of plastic or foam to be allowed into the event.
- Fandemic events are family-friendly. Please be sure that your costume meets that criteria. Generally, there is more flexibility allowed for costumes during the Adult Costume Contest than on the show floor. Fandemic wants families to feel comfortable at the show with their children.
- Fandemic has a zero tolerance policy for harassment of any kind and may remove any one from the event at any time, without refunding their admission, if their behavior violates Fandemic’s policy.
- Remember that “Cosplay Is Not Consent” and ask before photographing anyone!
- When an attendee makes a purchase, the vendor will hold onto the sword.
- Metal knives and swords and not permitted on the show floor. Plastic only.
Attendees have the opportunity to meet cosplay guests including Lana Marie, Merly the Cosplay Dog, Maddy Lea, and Christina McDaniel.
Humanoid Chameleon, Actress, Voice Actor, Cosplayer, RetroGame Lover and Sci-Fi Nerd.
Lana Marie has been active for over 15+ years in the Texas community as an Actor & Voice Actress. Lana is also known for her costume design; ranging from her original designs to her favorite characters from: Video games, Anime, Comic books, and Popular films.She has been invited to appear as a Cosplay Guest, Panelist, & Costume Judge at multiple conventions featuring her work.
Merly the Cosplay Dog
Meet Merly. She is a 5-year-old Blue Heeler/Kelpie x Border Collie mix who is a Service Dog that cosplays with her handler, Amanda. Merly started cosplaying in the Fall of 2016. Amanda has made over 40 different outfits for her, mainly focusing on Marvel, as that is her favorite fandom. She often makes characters based on upcoming movies/shows or guests that they are going to meet.
Amanda was inspired to begin after attending her first con dressed in civvies at Comicpalooza 2016. Later the same year, Amanda cosplayed as her favorite character, Magneto, from X-Men: Days of Future Past, & Merly went as Deadpool to Alamo City Comic Con. This is when the Merly TheCosplayDog Instagram page had begun.
Maddy Lea is just 9 years old but making waves as one of the youngest pro cosplayers out there! She was featured on this month’s cover (Sept 2018) of Houston Family Magazine.
Cosplayer, Model, Self-Published Author, Singer, and Social Media Influencer.
Christina McDaniel started as a model in 2002 then transitioned into cosplay after moving to Texas. Christina has 6 years of experience in cosplay. She has been invited to appear as a cosplay guest, panelist, and costume judge at several conventions locally and in other states.
Her music career has led her to sing at local venues such as Concert Pub, Fitzgeralds, Stereo Live, Mo’s Place in Katy, and House of Blues.
She is also the founding member of a cosplay group named Cosplay Vogue Houston, which has now branched off to other cities like San Antonio. Cosplay Vogue Houston does group concept shoots outside the box of cosplay, public appearances, guest appearances, and volunteer work in the city.
Learn more about Fandemic Tour Houston and purchase tickets at www.fandemictour.com.